Poets and Writers Online (POWO) is a forum for Poets and Writers with blogs and those with an interest in using the internet in promotion of, or as a platform for their writing.
21st May, 2011 ( 11.00am – 2pm)Where?
The IHub located on 4th flr of Bishop Magua Building along Ngong Road (opposite Uchumi Ngong Rd.)Who should attend?
Poets, Creative Writers, anyone with an interest in writing
Aleya Jamal – Story Moja( The Reading Revolution)Poetry performance by
Dennis Inkwa – Poet and Member of Mstari Wa NneBlogging & Social Media Workshop
-Starting a blog with blogger
– Starting a blog with wordpress
– Uploading photos/ embedding video/html code/sound/follow me FB n Twitter, gadgets and widgets
– SEO, enlisting with Afrigator,mashada etc
– Creating an FB and twitter a/c, Shortening url, including tweet streams on a blog
– Registering a Domain and choosing a host
– Migrating from blogger to wordpress or to a webiste
– Intepreting and using analyticsFollow us on
Email: [email protected]
PS. Carry your laptop, for better learning. There will be also be free Wifi.
To sign up, log on to http://powomay.eventbrite.com/ and click on register