Creatives Garage is excited to present to you Sondeka Fest! Sondeka Fest will be Kenya’s first annual creative festival, happening at The Green House, Ngong Road, from 29th December.
It is a 3-day festival open to the public that will enable creative entrepreneurs to showcase and sell their goods and services, attract investment and develop new markets. It is also geared towards celebrating Kenya at 50. Thus the theme “Kenya at 50 and beyond”.
There will be 5 teams of creatives, including painters, digital artists and fashion designers who will be creating masterpieces out of re-usable items in 50 hours. The pieces of art will then be auctioned to the public on the final day of the festival. The money received will go into running a 10-week art program in 5 partnering children’s homes.
There will be performances by dancers, musicians, bands, poets, DJs and fun activities like bladah play-offs. We will also have exhibitions and mini events like Artsy Mama and the Mini Garage for kids:
• Artsy mama is an exhibition and creative seminar for stay at home parents. The seminar includes guest panellists who share their success stories as stay at home parents.
The theme for this edition of Artsy mama is ‘Do It Yourself’ and will feature interior design enthusiast Nancy Mukabi, Elle Designers and Jaclyn Juma of Earthmovers LTD.
It will be happening on Friday 29th Nov (2pm-4pm).
• The Mini Garage will be happening throughout the 3 days of the festival. The kids
will be involved in art activities like colouring, painting, and drawing. They will be supervised by the Creatives Garage team.
November-1st The live performances at the festival include:
• 10am-10.30am:Opening Ceremony: Kenya Performing Arts Group
• 10.30-2pm: Music by DJ Blank
• 4pm-5.30pm: Music by DJ Kris
• 5.30pm-7.30pm: Electric Fuse – live performance by Son of a Beat Crew
• 7.30pm- 12am: 60s/70s themed party by DJ D-Lite
• 2pm-4pm: Floetry Mash up – featuring upcoming spoken word and rap artists
• 4pm-6pm: Zilizopendwa Live – by Ziki and her band, Peter Nyabuto, Azz, Linda and Ashley Nyambura
• 6pm-8.30pm: Penya Africa Presents Dempsey , KIU and Sauti Academy
• 8.30pm till late: Muthurukishion – Afrolectic Tribal House music by DJs Kollektive and Dance Parade (KES 300)
• 9am-1pm: Kutendereza Party – featuring the Kenyan Boys Choir, Kenyan Girls’
Choir, Jubilee Chorale, Nairobi Girls Chorale, St. Johns Pumwani Choir and Chosen Generation from Braeside
• 1pm-6pm: Live performances from Mercy Myra, Sarabi, H_art the Band and music from DJ Absolute.